A Year Through God's Eyes
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Missional Musings
I can't believe we're so close to being on our way to Africa. It's been so long in coming, now that it's almost here it seems surreal to think that in under 72 hours we'll have begun the trip. I really can't wait to see what God has in store for each of us on the trip. One of the things I'm praying is that I will see God's power in the work we're doing. As I've been thinking earlier this week, it's kind of hard for me to recall times in my life where I've seen God move in an awe-inspiring way. That's hard for me to admit, and really shows me how little I pay attention, because I know He's been working in my life in an amazing way this year. I just have a feeling that I want to see something that can't be explained any other way than through the power of Christ. There are times that I feel that I have a testimony that won't speak well to the people we're going to see, that it will be unrelatable. So, that would be something right there to see someone be moved by hearing how Christ has worked in my life in this past year. Through the realization that I need to pray for my family more, knowing that the time for me to do full-time ministry is probably drawing nearer, having it revealed to me that there's going to be something huge for me to do at my school this year that will be impacted because of this trip, knowing that I've come to know Christ's character more this year than any other time in my life, having a greater knowledge of the Scriptures than I ever have before, and on and on I could go.
And yet, I'm still drawn to this thought that I want to see Christ's power exhibited during the trip. I'm probably going about saying it the wrong way, because obviously I can see God working through my life in the past few months by the statements I've just made, but like I said, I want to see the power of the Lord move in such a way that it is undeniably God and no other claim can be made.
1) Pray that I would have a correct focus for this trip, that I'm not one who's looking for signs and wonders just for the sake of seeing a spectacle.
2) That what I share in Africa would have an impact on me and the people I share with.
3) That Kayla and I would find tremendous unity and find the next step for the continued growth of our family.
4) That the team would overcome obstacles and challenges through Christ's power, and not our own.
5) That I would lay my preferences aside for the duration of the trip. That I would have thick skin, and a forgiving heart.
6) That an inexplainable unity would pervade the group, and that there would be unity and brotherhood among all members of the group.
7) That my wife would be pain and anxiety free.
8) That the worship tonight would be genuine and infused with Christ's power.
9) That nothing would hinder us proclaiming Christ's redeeming love for us boldly.
10) That if there is anything in my life that is prohibiting me from serving Christ fully on this trip, that I would be brave enough to confess and repent of it.
And yet, I'm still drawn to this thought that I want to see Christ's power exhibited during the trip. I'm probably going about saying it the wrong way, because obviously I can see God working through my life in the past few months by the statements I've just made, but like I said, I want to see the power of the Lord move in such a way that it is undeniably God and no other claim can be made.
1) Pray that I would have a correct focus for this trip, that I'm not one who's looking for signs and wonders just for the sake of seeing a spectacle.
2) That what I share in Africa would have an impact on me and the people I share with.
3) That Kayla and I would find tremendous unity and find the next step for the continued growth of our family.
4) That the team would overcome obstacles and challenges through Christ's power, and not our own.
5) That I would lay my preferences aside for the duration of the trip. That I would have thick skin, and a forgiving heart.
6) That an inexplainable unity would pervade the group, and that there would be unity and brotherhood among all members of the group.
7) That my wife would be pain and anxiety free.
8) That the worship tonight would be genuine and infused with Christ's power.
9) That nothing would hinder us proclaiming Christ's redeeming love for us boldly.
10) That if there is anything in my life that is prohibiting me from serving Christ fully on this trip, that I would be brave enough to confess and repent of it.
posted by Nathan at 3:06 AM

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home