A Year Through God's Eyes

Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

So, it was a pretty uneventful Father's Day from an earthly perspective. No special celebrations, no fancy meal, nothing tremendously of note to mark the day. However, I do feel like I've been complacent for too long in my walk with Christ. I received several encouraging notes from both my dad, father-in-law, wife and friends today reminding me what my call in this life is to be with regards to my family.
To put it bluntly, I need to do a better job being the spiritual leader in my household. That means I need to accept that I'm held to a higher standard than the rest of my family, it means I'm responsible for their spiritual well being, and as such I need to be clinging to the Father so much that I become the man, husband, and father He envisions me to be. Regardless of whether or not I feel like it, regardless of how close I think He is or how fulfilling our relationship is. I need to always make sure that I'm in His Word, praying fervently for things that He puts on my heart, and leading my family first, my church seond, and the world after that.
With this in mind, I have decided once again to continue to blog daily on this site in hopes that I might keep the main thing the main thing and actually see God doing work in my life as the address to this blog would suggest. So, here's my prayers:

1) I would be the spiritual leader in my family: This includes praying WITH and FOR my family.
2) I would saturate my life with God and His Son Jesus Christ
3) Africa trip. It is rapidly approaching and I feel that I've prepared somewhat and in other ways, I feel like I will have my world rocked because I'm not prayed up enough.
4) Our church: From renovations, to personnel, to praying for our church to impact the community we're a part of; I need to pray more for our church and the people therein.
5) Worship degree: What's my next step?
6) A changed heart that sees the world the way God does and is so moved by it that I can no longer stay in my comfort, but have to move to where He is.
7) What is the calling in my life that is impossible for me to do without relying soley on God?
8) What can I do to honor God most with what He's given me (talents/treasures)
9) How do I love my wife better?
10) I need to have a stronger dependence on the ways of God and sever the things that tether me to this world (time suckers-books, tv, games, technology, etc.)

So that's it for now. Most of these posts will probably include some Scripture, however, I feel like some will just be me trying to work out my prayer thoughts in order to see God at work in my life. If you're reading this, thanks for praying for me as I'm stumbling forward in this new/old direction!
posted by Nathan at 2:34 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home