A Year Through God's Eyes
Friday, August 27, 2010
Joy from Weeping-Psalm 30
Psalm 30:5-Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.
I had a REALLY rough day yesterday. Probably one of the toughest since my first year of teaching (when they were all rough). It was bad enough that I couldn't get to sleep last night because I kept thinking of ways I could do things differently. Throughout the entire time, I kept praying to Jesus asking that the Holy Spirit give me wisdom, patience, strength, endurance, and anything else He would be willing to give in order for me to minister to my band kids through my job.
With that in mind, I get up this morning and I am refreshed and ready to go at it again. There are two lines that stick in my head: the 1st is from a Hillsong song called Arms Open Wide, the line is "that I may walk in what You have for me." I didn't know that yesterday was going to be so challenging for me, but I did know that God was going to ask me to do something for Him, and was watching to see how I responded. I didn't do very well, but in His infinite grace, Jesus has given me a new day filled with new opportunities and possibilities to reach these kids for His glory.
The second was in my reading this morning: v.5-Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning. The ESV notes remind me that while this is not talking of an actual day vs. night, but rather a time of wandering and feelings of being far away from God, will always be followed by a time of rejoicing. Even if it doesn't arrive until the last day, it will come, and that's an encouraging thought. Yet another example of how good our God is, and how shattered I am.
So, I want to close asking for prayer that I would stumble forward, and as I offer my two fish and five loaves, that Jesus would take it and make it much greater so He might have glory and I might have joy. Also, that I would keep Him at the forefront of my mind no matter what kids I'm dealing with, or whatever situation I find myself in.
I had a REALLY rough day yesterday. Probably one of the toughest since my first year of teaching (when they were all rough). It was bad enough that I couldn't get to sleep last night because I kept thinking of ways I could do things differently. Throughout the entire time, I kept praying to Jesus asking that the Holy Spirit give me wisdom, patience, strength, endurance, and anything else He would be willing to give in order for me to minister to my band kids through my job.
With that in mind, I get up this morning and I am refreshed and ready to go at it again. There are two lines that stick in my head: the 1st is from a Hillsong song called Arms Open Wide, the line is "that I may walk in what You have for me." I didn't know that yesterday was going to be so challenging for me, but I did know that God was going to ask me to do something for Him, and was watching to see how I responded. I didn't do very well, but in His infinite grace, Jesus has given me a new day filled with new opportunities and possibilities to reach these kids for His glory.
The second was in my reading this morning: v.5-Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning. The ESV notes remind me that while this is not talking of an actual day vs. night, but rather a time of wandering and feelings of being far away from God, will always be followed by a time of rejoicing. Even if it doesn't arrive until the last day, it will come, and that's an encouraging thought. Yet another example of how good our God is, and how shattered I am.
So, I want to close asking for prayer that I would stumble forward, and as I offer my two fish and five loaves, that Jesus would take it and make it much greater so He might have glory and I might have joy. Also, that I would keep Him at the forefront of my mind no matter what kids I'm dealing with, or whatever situation I find myself in.
posted by Nathan at 7:09 AM

1 Comments:
Progressive sanctifcation, ain't it beautiful? Admitting we have nothing to offer and trusting alone on His strength to carry us through. Now that's life!
Post a Comment
<< Home