A Year Through God's Eyes
Friday, June 24, 2011
Prayers
I don't really know what to write right now. All that's coming to mind is that I didn't even make it a week without missing a day. I don't necessarily feel guilty about that, because it wasn't for anything other than we had a late night at church and K and I went pretty much straight to bed. I really feel like I just need to put down my list, so here goes:
1) That I would be aware of what the deep idols are in my life and I would strive to put them to death every time they appear.
2) That even though it's my vacation, I would still be working towards Kingdom goals.
3) Africa: that I would be obedient to my calling, that I would gain clarity on what that calling is. (Today's person: Jason)
4) What is in my life right now that is impossible without God?
5) How can I best minister to my wife and be the spiritual leader in our home?
6) That I would have a heart that continually chases after the worship of only God. (One of the songs I continued to play today is "All I Need is You by Hillsong, and I continually got choked up because I know that's not the reality of my heart. It's the deep desire, but not the reality yet. God, change my heart!)
7) That Kayla and I would have great unity towards making a decision about growing our family.
8) Will, Kevin, Caleb. The men of the church.
9) The issues before the church: youth minister, youth camp, mission trip, church plant, 414, renovations, church staff, unity of the body, lives saved, etc.
10) Compass, Billy/Stephanie, Jim.
1) That I would be aware of what the deep idols are in my life and I would strive to put them to death every time they appear.
2) That even though it's my vacation, I would still be working towards Kingdom goals.
3) Africa: that I would be obedient to my calling, that I would gain clarity on what that calling is. (Today's person: Jason)
4) What is in my life right now that is impossible without God?
5) How can I best minister to my wife and be the spiritual leader in our home?
6) That I would have a heart that continually chases after the worship of only God. (One of the songs I continued to play today is "All I Need is You by Hillsong, and I continually got choked up because I know that's not the reality of my heart. It's the deep desire, but not the reality yet. God, change my heart!)
7) That Kayla and I would have great unity towards making a decision about growing our family.
8) Will, Kevin, Caleb. The men of the church.
9) The issues before the church: youth minister, youth camp, mission trip, church plant, 414, renovations, church staff, unity of the body, lives saved, etc.
10) Compass, Billy/Stephanie, Jim.
posted by Nathan at 12:56 AM

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home