A Year Through God's Eyes
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
From the Mouth of Babes
I think there's a reason Jesus said unless we have faith like a child it's hard to be one of His people. As I was reading Brenna her bedtime story tonight, I was struck by something in the story of Daniel that I had never been struck by before. Daniel prayed 3 times a day, every day without fail, allowing nothing to interrupt him. How sad is it that I can't find time in my life to blog about what I claim is the most important relationship in my life on a daily basis? Yet here is Daniel praying to the same God with some of the same requests that I have 3 times a day! It just confirmed in me that I've still got a LONG way to go before I'm where I want to be where my heart syncs up with my head, and I become wholly Christ's. Here's my prayers:
1) Youth Camp. That the kids that are there from our church and others are whole-heartedly seeking after God and He is being faithful to meet them and show them who He is and what He wants for their lives.
2) That I would be the father, husband, son, and disciple that Christ wants me to be. First by being the spiritual leader in my home.
3) Our church: The body's unity, seeking the lost and having them be saved, Africa team, renovation, the men of the church and that they would be more involved, pastor and family, church plant.
4) For God to put something in my life that is impossible without Him.
5) That I would have a clear purpose in Africa and my talents would be used to serve Him.
6) That I would not be content with the way I'm living my life until it looks like Jesus wants it to look. (That life wouldn't pass me by)
7) Sister churches: Compass, Dynamic, Village, Mars Hill, Apostles.
1) Youth Camp. That the kids that are there from our church and others are whole-heartedly seeking after God and He is being faithful to meet them and show them who He is and what He wants for their lives.
2) That I would be the father, husband, son, and disciple that Christ wants me to be. First by being the spiritual leader in my home.
3) Our church: The body's unity, seeking the lost and having them be saved, Africa team, renovation, the men of the church and that they would be more involved, pastor and family, church plant.
4) For God to put something in my life that is impossible without Him.
5) That I would have a clear purpose in Africa and my talents would be used to serve Him.
6) That I would not be content with the way I'm living my life until it looks like Jesus wants it to look. (That life wouldn't pass me by)
7) Sister churches: Compass, Dynamic, Village, Mars Hill, Apostles.
posted by Nathan at 2:47 AM

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home