A Year Through God's Eyes
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Accountability (Psalm 10)
As all those who read this blog know, I'm a member of an accountability group, and it struck me this morning while we were meeting how much Psalm 10 falls into this category as well from a certain vantage point. From this particular viewpoint, when one reads verses 12-14, it's as if David is asking God to validate who He is. He is crying out to God and begging Him to move to the rescue of the oppressed. I know that I can identify where David is coming from. When you have so many things put on you at once and it seems like a deluge of horrible-ness has been opened in your life, you find yourself at a point where you cry to God to see if He really has the character He says He does. God could very easily turn the tables on us and remind us of how we continually fail the character test on a daily basis, but instead He chooses the way of mercy, grace, and redemption. And still, He welcomes our questions, He understands our doubts when He seems far away. And we cannot forget the larger side of things, that no matter how far away He seems, He continually displays that His character is the same yesterday, today, and forever. That He will arise and punish the wicked and care for the redeemed.
PS-I'd really like to say thanks that the guys in my group keep me accountable on a week-to-week basis.
PRAYERS:
*Work Frustrations
*Meaningful time with family
*Meaningful time with God
*The strength and willpower to flee from temptation.
PS-I'd really like to say thanks that the guys in my group keep me accountable on a week-to-week basis.
PRAYERS:
*Work Frustrations
*Meaningful time with family
*Meaningful time with God
*The strength and willpower to flee from temptation.
posted by Nathan at 8:16 PM

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home